Greetings beloved saints of Heaven. Seeing the rate of worldliness and corruption in the world today, one could also wonder what are the Parents actually teaching their children.
What does it mean to even train up a child?
Will the upcoming generation be raised as godly people or not?. The Parents of today truly have a role to play in raising godly children who should end up becoming a blessing not only to his or her parents but to his generation. This is the essence of the topic train up a child!!! Beloved saints, it is therefore with great joy in my heart that I would like us to look into this teaching with scrutiny and deep understanding of how God expects parents to train their child in a godly way.Before we proceed into the teachings.
Let us pray:Righteous Father in Heaven we adore you for thou has made all things for your pleasure and it is not your will for anyone to perish. O righteous Father, please help the parents of this generation. Please give to each and everyone of us an adequate understanding of your word today as we look into it. Open our understanding to the deep truths of your word in Jesus name, Amen.TOPIC: TRAIN GODLY CHILDREN
Must Read Articles
- 3 Things Marriage Is Not (Single & Married)
- Amazing scriptures on marriage and divorce
- How to build a marriage that lasts
Alas what has this generation turned out to be, many children are found to be wayward and many are becoming rebellious, the society is filled with children who are not properly brought up in the way of the Lord and the parents are not left out of it, have the parents taken lightly this words of God that says?:Proverbs 22:6 Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it. (our main text)Oh!, are the parents found to violate the above commandment of God?. Oh! Why not be a shepherd over your own children for there are also children in hell fire and it’s a very painful thing. Oh my heart pains me to see children been corrupted even by their own parents to be worldly instead of godly. Beloved parents, and everyone here who would one day become parents, this teachings we would look at is for you.
ASPECT ONE: DON’T WITHHOLD CORRECTION FROM YOUR CHILD
Proverbs 23:13: Withhold not correction from the child: for if you beat him with the rod, he shall not die.When a Parent withholds correction from a child, that child would end up getting spoiled. In the United States Of America and in many parts of the world they Don’t beat their children as they should when their child does something wrong. I strongly admit that you should not correct or beat a child more than he or she can bear but when a child does wrong, let the parent correct him justly in a normal way for the wrong the child has done. in the process of correction. The parent must avoid this things I shall list below:
WHY CORRECTING A CHILD:
The following must be adhered to, they are:
1. Correct in Love.
2. Correct without insulting your child
3. Correct without cursing your child.
4. Correct and immediately teach the child to follow the right thing.
5. Correct the child without reminding them of their faults every day to make them sad again. But let your child know that they can overcome their mistakes.For the scripture also says:
Ephesians 6:4 And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.
ROLE OF MOTHER IN TRAINING GODLY CHILD:
Proverbs 29:15: The rod and reproof give wisdom: but a child left to himself brings his mother to shame.In almost all families of the world.The Mother is the one that is closer to the children, and she has great responsibility in training her child to be godly for the scripture was very specific here when it says:
Proverbs 29:15 The rod and reproof give wisdom: but a child left to himself brings his mother to shame.Let us now look at the following things and role of a Mother training her beloved child in a godly way but before that, let’s look at the wrong things most mothers do to their children and must at all cost be avoided.The Mother is the one that is closer to the children, and she has great responsibility in training her child to be godly Click To Tweet
SOME WRONG THINGS MOST MOTHERS DOES THAT SHOULD BE AVOIDED.
It is so wrong to teach children some things that violate God’s word. It is wrong to the extent that the bible says:Matthew 18:6 But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.Below are the things most Mum should not do to their children or you shall give account of that child before God and the blood of that child may be required from your hands.
AVOID THIS MOTHERS:
1.Avoid over pampering your child.
2. Avoid defending your child even when your child is wrong.
3. Avoid telling your child to lie that you are not at home when visitors come.
4. Avoid buying and wearing your child worldly cloths such as crazy jeans for boy, leggings for girl child, show back and show front top for your girl child etc.
5. Avoid wearing your girl child artificial things and evil things like: make up, attachments, bleaching cream, artificial nail, artificial eye lashes etc.
6. Avoid allowing bad friends to be following your child everywhere.
7. Avoid sending your child to party that you know they would dance to worldly songs and glorify Satan instead of God.
8. Avoid showing your child worldly films and encouraging them when they watch it either in TV, YOUTUBE ETC.
9. Avoid allowing your child to play bad video game.
10. Avoid allowing your child to go and live with someone you do not trust for they can corrupt your child.The list can keep going on and on but Mothers must take note of this very well for you will also give serious account before God over your children.
ROLE OF MOTHERS IN RAISING GODLY CHILDREN
Since the scripture says below that:Psalm 127:3 See, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.We truly know that God so much love children with great love and He expects that the parents particularly the mother should play a important role in training that child and we shall look at the roles together.
THE ROLE OF A MOTHER IN RAISING GODLY CHILD
The following are some of the roles of the Mum in raising godly children and they are:
1. Teach your child to be humble and respectful.
2. Teach your child to be hardworking in the house chores and studies.
3. Teach your Child the undiluted word of God in the morning when you awake and in the night before you sleep.
4. Teach your Child how to love God very much.
5. Teach your child all good manners.
6. Teach your child how to pray in all things.
7. Teach your child how to be peaceful with people.
8. Teach your child how to be honest.
9. Teach your child to make good friends.
10. Teach your child about heaven to direct their attention to God even as they wrong from a tender child to a mature adult.The list can go on and on but that one is highly important and the Lord Jesus would be happy if you do so.
Let’s now go to the role of the Fathers in this important teaching.Beloved, before we look into the roles of the Father:
DO YOU KNOW?:
Parents are the first role models of the children and children tends to imitate what he sees his or her parent do
So even as you teach your children the ways of God. Also live out the ways of God.
Parents are the first role models of the children and children tends to imitate what he sees his or her parent do Click To Tweet
SOME WRONG THINGS MOST FATHERS DOES THAT SHOULD BE AVOIDED.
The Fathers are not left out for they are the head of the family and should rule over their own house properly well and not teach their children wrong for the scripture still says:1 Timothy 3:4 One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity;Matthew 18:6 But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.Below are the things most Father should not do to their children or you shall give account of that child before God and the blood of that child may be required from your hands.
AVOID THIS FATHERS
Beloved Fathers in the group, before we proceed even further, first meditate on this scriptures below:Ephesians 6:4 And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.Colossians 3:21 Fathers, provoke not your children to anger, lest they be discouraged.So avoid this Fathers:
1. Avoid beating your child more than they can bear.
2. Avoid coming back from work too late and Don’t have enough time to spend with your child.
3. Avoid buying something that is too expensive for your child such as Iphone for a 8year old child.
4. Avoid allowing your child to speak disrespectful to anyone in your presence.
5. Avoid allowing your child to keep bad friends.
6. Avoid drinking and smoking cigarette totally so that your child won’t copy such bad habit.
7. Avoid intimidating your child by using harsh voice with frowned face all the time.
8. Avoid beating your wife(child’s mother) at all for your child would be devastated.
9. Avoid giving your child too little for school but give what is appropriate to your child in your ability so they won’t be a beggar in school and be initiated.
10. Never ever leave your wife(child mother) for long or abandon her(child mother) for as I went for evangelism today, one woman told me that her husband left her for a long time with 3 children and went after another woman.The list can go on and on but pls avoid those listed above.
ROLE OF FATHERS IN RAISING GODLY CHILDREN
Since the scripture says below that:Ephesians 6:4 And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.We truly know that the Father has the greatest role to play in raising and training godly children. So let’s look at some of the key roles. Hallelujah!THE ROLE OF A FATHER IN RAISING GODLY CHILD
The following are some keys roles of the dad in raising and training godly child:
1. Always Pray with your child in the night and pray for them when you far away from them due to work or travel etc.
2. Teach your Child God’s word when you are around for God’s word also says in Deuteronomy 11:19 And ye shall teach them your children, speaking of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.
3.Give your child godly names and godly counsels of life.
4. Be open to your child and be lively to them.
5. Always correct your child when appropriate when they do wrong.
6. Chase bad friends away from your child.
7. Discipline your child to always abide and love the things of God.
8. Always go to church with your child.
9. Always speak prophetic words of blessings to your child.
10. Always know your children aspiration in life and guide them in the Lord’s way not to make error.The list can go on and on.
But please Fathers, do well to abide by this key ones listed and God would be greatly pleased with you.
Raising and training godly children should be a combined effort of the Father and Mother, let each thoroughly understand their role in the Family as it relates to the children and see to it that they completely obey God’s word which says:
Proverbs 22:6 Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
In keeping to this, I believe we shall have a better child, a better home, a better society, a better nation, a better world with godly people whom God would be happy with. As they say: charity begins at home What your child will end up becoming in future is also determined by how you trained that child today. GOD BLESS YOU. THE ENDLet’s pray: Father in Heaven, Even as you are a faithful Father to us, we pray that the Parent would be faithful in keeping to this fact that they ought to train the children which thou has given to them in your ways in Jesus name, Amen.
you can ask questions or say what would edify inline with the teachings. Do this through the comment box. GOD BLESS YOU.
Michael Felix is the Admin of The Prepared Saints Of Heaven Online Ministry which has platforms around many social media including fb messenger, whatsapp, Telegram and many more. Michael Felix is a young man who has the passion to reach out to the world with the gospel of salvation, coming from a family of seven Children, Michael Felix recides in Lagos and He has a great gift of teaching the word of God and has also spent so much times studying through the scriptures. He has been able to recite off hand adequately about 12books of the bible which are: 2John, 3John, Jude, Obadiah, Philemon, Psalm 1, Psalm 2, Psalm 3, Psalm 4, Psalm 8, Psalm 11, Psalm 23. More so, He also amazed the entire church He attended where he was able to recite 70 verses of the book of Job off hand. Michael Felix has preached in the church and in many public places, in buses and in streets in personal evangelism as well. He has been gifted in divers ways and Since he had been building websites from the age of 14, he had passions to reach out to the world with the gospel of salvation and so by God’s Grace, He has also had an online ministry which is (THE PREPARED SAINTS OF HEAVEN) where he aims at reaching out to the world with the undiluted word of God in accordance to the great commission of our Lord Jesus Christ.
CONTACT MICHAEL FELIX
Address: No 42, Odunsi street, Bariga, Lagos state, NigeriaEmail Address: firstname.lastname@example.orgPhone Number/Whatsapp/Telegram: +2348084251644Facebook: www.fb.com/michael.e.felix or add Michael Eze FelixInstagram: belovedfelix
His Christian Websites:
JESUS CHRIST IS LORD