Last updated on July 10th, 2019 at 08:38 pm
I met some people recently that told me your behaviour doesn’t matter, they said all that matters is that you have Christ in you.
Contrary to what they said I discovered that your character is what men see and this is the main thing that they watch out for.
No little wonder Paul said
Just because something is technically legal doesn’t mean that it’s spiritually appropriate. If I went around doing whatever I thought I could get by with, I’d be a slave to my whims.
Related devotion: Grace upon Grace
The scripture above confirmed that even though something has a legal ground doesn’t mean it is helpful to others. In this race which we find ourselves there are two important factor in the earth:
- Man: God made the earth for man and not man for the earth (Genesis 1:28 ). When God created the earth, his plans was that man would take care and dominate it. Also when man fell Jesus came to reconcile man to God and not to be glorified (Philippians 2:8, Hebrews 12:2). So we can see men has been God’s plan all the way.
God always have man in mind, so this is what a good Christian should do, having men in heart in all you do (Psalm 8:3
, Philippians 2:4
), so who are we not to have men in mind in the way we act and behave, seeing we are God living epistle here on earth.
So dear fellows, anything you do that will make your brother sin or fall kindly desist from it.
Your behavior will either bring glory or disapproval from God.
Whether you know it or not men are always watching you. There are people destiny tied to yours. If you fail they fail. If you fall they fall. If you succeed they succeed.
Related devotion: Your Life Must Glorify God, Men Are Watching!!!
A year ago I stayed in an apartment and after I left there for another lodge. I notice one of my lodge mate switch to my church this year. I never invited him, I didn’t talk about church to him nor preach to him but whenever he see me he talk as if he saw something in me.
He did not believe in tongues I just share my experience about how I started praying in tongues with him and within 3 days he was happy and smiling because he blasted in tongues for hours.
If you know me physically I am playful yet I can’t count the number of people that came to me this year and say you have been a blessing to my spiritual life, you are my spiritual father other profess. Trust me those that called me father I told them you are my grandpa…. Lol
There is a place your rhema, words or preaching cannot enter or reach but what will go is your behavior.
There are behavioral characteristics all Christian should have:
Related devotion: Patience is the key
1. Being friendly and been communicative: Even when you lack communication skills you can always give people attention. I won’t lie to you, I discover when you give someone attention always the person feel very special and loved. No matter your busy schedule don’t chase off those that come to you. If you can’t answer them let them understand your will make it up to them. As worldly as this sound, this is a great tools that leave positive landmark.
2. Secret life of prayer: What keeps a relationship is communication. If you want intimacy with the Holy Spirit keep communicating with him through prayer.
3. Study of the bible: Studying the word of God shape us and affect our way of thining. Our way of thinking changes our behavior. Make it a consistent habit to study the word.
4. Understanding God: You need to understand how God works. So when you study the word you pray it through by asking for understanding.
5. Learn to ask for help: No matter how spiritual you think you are, you don’t know everything. So when you get twisted about life, the word of God walk across to someone ask him to help you out.
When you notice in behavioural defect in fellow Christian before you blame them pray for them.
I shared with you how through my behavior, few friends of mine started serving God. Did you have someone that has commended your behavior before?
Why not share with me what you did that makes that friend commend you through the comment box?
Copyright © Isikaemmanuel.com | All Right Reserved